New D Ministry Mission Statement
Our mission is to expose youth to a creative environment where youth can grow in their relationship with Christ, learn to be disciples, impact their friends, and utilize their individual gifts to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with all people.
Small Group Strategy
Build relationships, which earn trust
Trust allows you the opportunity to have influence
Influence enables you to lead
Know (focus is upward-on Christ)
(Unity, love, consideration) To reach students through Relationships (small Groups) God is relational. He has limited our ability to be just like Him to being like Him. It is in this way He has called us to community. God put on flesh to step into the actual humanity of man and meet them where they are. 1 Peter 2:9: But ye are a chosen generation…
Own (focus is inward-on themselves)
(Heart, Mind, and Soul of Christ) We want to resemble the heart, mind and soul of Christ by Offering life changing experiences through outreach, worship, and events.
Known (focus is outward)
(Challenge, Change, and Charge) Discipleship-leading youth to Christ through the word of God—
Matthew28:19 therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
1. Be a member of New Direction Christian Church, Hickory Hill, or Collierville
2. Someone who is passionate about reaching students and a gift set for the role of small group leader.
3. Model Spiritual Disciplines by: Practicing a devotional life, articulating your faith, Personalizing Scriptures
4. Make a commitment to invest your time and yourself into the ministry
5. Lead a lifestyle that is committed to Biblical standards and is above reproach
- Walk through an entire season with ministry
- Partner with Parents(relational, greeting, informational)
- Report to Leadership staff
- Attend The Way or The Core weekly
- Greet and assist new students and parents to our ministry and support overall needs and vision (ie, transportation of youth, serving, check-in , monitor traffic from main campus to youth campus, NewDYouth reps at pick-up sites
- Be accountable to your ministry leader
- Exhibit a positive and friendly demeanor
- Attend corporate retreat, monthly meetings with coach, and two leader meetings with staff to discuss upcoming events, student needs, small group dynamics, and student behavior
If you are interested in being on the Support Team with the New D Youth, please click here to apply.