- Be a member of New Direction Christian Church, Hickory Hill, Collierville
- Someone who is passionate about reaching students and a gift set for the role of small group leader.
- Model Spiritual Disciplines by: Practicing a devotional life, articulating your faith, Personalizing Scriptures
- Make a commitment to invest your time and yourself into the group of students placed under your care and leadership
- Lead a lifestyle that is committed to Biblical standards and is above reproach
Student Ministry Covenant
Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer in the New D Youth Ministry at New Direction Christian Church. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to fill out the application and consider serving. There are a few things we want to make sure we say up front about what we believe as an organization.
It is important to say that we believe that God loves all people and his grace is offered to everyone, regardless of his or her current lifestyle. The criteria listed below are specifically laid out in the Scriptures as qualifications for those in leadership and influence, not to point out a category of people that God does not love or offer his grace.
New Direction operates under biblical authority and recognizes the Bible as the ultimate source for truth and wisdom. We believe that all Scripture is inspired by God and gives us God’s requirements for leaders and those of influence in the church. Because of this, we ask that our volunteers recognize what the Bible teaches in regards to family and lifestyle choices. Leaders should not participate in the following lifestyles:
Engaging in a sexual relationship outside of marriage
Living with someone of the opposite sex outside of marriage
Participating in a homosexual relationship
Pursuing an affair outside of marriage
Using alcohol excessively
Using drugs illegally
We are held accountable for every leader we approve to influence students and families at New Direction Christian Church. Again we offer you love and hope that you will speak with us if you are a participant in any of the following lifestyles.
If you have concerns, questions, or feel that the guidelines listed above disqualify you from serving, please contact the ministry area staff member and he or she will be glad to talk with you.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]